Saturday, December 4, 2010

Yesterday...

...was easily one of the best days of my life.  As I sit here now at 7:00 AM (because our son decided to wake up at 3:30 and is now taking what we believe to be his morning nap) I have a little time to reflect.  Here is what I did:


  • Woke up at 5:30 with Grey and read some books (Hippos go Berserk!).
  • Morning Yoga with Grey (mostly he just climbed on me and laughed).
  • Topeca Coffee - best in the world.
  • Made appointments, checked with vendors, balanced Care More Art spreadsheets, etc...
  • Rode my bike to Dwelling Spaces to check on Care More Art display/stock.  Rode bike to mail cards.
  • Played with my son when I got home.
  • Ate leftovers from the previous night - spaghetti with meat sauce and mushrooms.
  • After Grey's afternoon nap, we went to Hobby Lobby to get some materials for our artist in residence, Grey refers to her as "mammamma".
  • Prepared one of my favorite dinners, "Baked Potato Bar".
  • Gave Grey a bath and got him ready for bed.
  • Watched Manhattan on television.
  • Read an interesting article about having too many things - http://almostfearless.com/2008/06/02/the-10-unexpected-costs-of-owning-things/
  • Sat next to my wife on the couch/massaged her legs.
  • Went to bed.
It may seem like a very simple day, and it was, but that is the point.  All things in balance.  Some work, some play, some exercise, and a few good meals.  I didn't waste anything, I didn't buy anything that I didn't need.  Things were accomplished, but at a reasonable pace with little or no stress.  Every member of my family was happy and well.

This is what my life is supposed to be like...  These are the goals I have set...

I love my life and I am thankful for it.


1 comment: